AI is all about robots and self-driving cars, right?
When asked to think about Artificial Intelligence, many of us immediately conjure up images of humanoid robots threatening to take over the world or omniscient computers tracking and influencing our lives. Though entertaining or scary depending on your point of view, this is not the reality of AI today
To truly understand how AI is already infused into our everyday lives, take a moment to look at your phone and think about how you use it on a daily basis. Did you use Siri to help you find directions to a local event? Did you listen to the new Daily Mix on Spotify and think wow, that’s a killer playlist? Were you able to actually get to a resolution with the virtual operator without yelling “representative” six times when calling your cell phone provider? Did Facebook recognize a photo of you from last weekend’s basketball tournament? Each of these are examples of machine learning that is aimed at making our lives easier while making engagements more meaningful and approachable.
These are just a few examples of how AI can be seen at every turn in our personal lives, but what about at work? Sure, we hear the great stories about how the leaders in Silicon Valley are infusing intelligence at every turn in their business, but how can you as a bank, manufacturer or agency even daydream about such a world without the data science, IT and other resources and budget necessary to begin the process? Well, the answer is actually pretty simple – Salesforce Einstein.
What is Einstein?
Think of Einstein as your smart CRM assistant, empowering you with insights, predictions, and recommendations to connect to customers in a whole new way. And, who wouldn’t benefit from an assistant that can help you work smarter than ever before?
Under the hood, Einstein is an integrated set of AI technologies that includes advanced machine learning, deep learning, predictive analytics, natural language processing and smart data discovery all within Salesforce. These key foundations are focused on providing businesses with intelligence embedded within the context of your business, discovering relevant insights, predicting future behavior, proactively recommending best next actions and even automating tasks.
So, what does this really mean?
From an availability standpoint, Einstein is fully integrated into Salesforce and available today for customers with Enterprise Edition licenses and above with Lightning enabled users. And, to use it, you don’t have to do any data preparation or manage models. You don’t need to hire a new team of data scientists, developers or IT resources. Instead, you can build AI-powered assistants and apps by leveraging:
- Einstein Discovery – Boost productivity and discover relevant patterns in all your data, whether it lives in Salesforce or outside. Find simple AI insights and recommendations to tough problems. Then, take action on your findings without leaving Salesforce
- Einstein Prediction Builder – Predict business outcomes, such as churn or lifetime value. Create custom AI models on any Salesforce field or object with clicks, not code.
- Einstein Next Best Action – Deliver recommendations to employees and customers, right in the apps where they work. Define recommendations, create action strategies, integrate predictive models, display recommendations, and activate automation
- Einstein Language – Understand how customers feel, automatically route inquiries, and streamline your workflows. Build natural language processing into your apps to classify the underlying intent and sentiment in a body of text
- Einstein Bots – Easily build, train, and deploy custom bots on digital channels that are connected to your CRM data. Enhance business processes, empower your employees, and delight your customers
- Einstein Vision – See the entire conversation about your brand on social media and beyond. Use intelligent image recognition in your apps by training deep learning models to recognize your brand, products, and more
- Einstein Voice (Pilot) – Get daily briefings, make updates, and drive dashboards by simply speaking to Einstein Voice Assistant. And, create and launch your own custom, branded voice assistants with Einstein Voice Bots
There are some great Einstein demos and resources available here
Why do I need to consider AI now?
Though it may sound a bit cliché, the future is here. Key factors such as the availability and volume of Data, the continued evolution of Algorithms and Models, the Automation of processes and engagements across the customer journey and the dramatic increase in Processing Power has made AI attainable. Think back to the phone example. AI is everywhere in our personal lives. And, it is now available to you in Salesforce as well
How Do I Get Started?
Though we as marketers work to make everything seem easy, appealing and monumental, we also recognize that the key to success is properly evaluating, planning and delivering solutions that are truly impactful and sustainable. To help you further understand and evaluate Einstein, the Strategy team at Magnet360 will be creating a variety of posts designed to help you determine if Einstein is the right fit, how your teams can leverage the platform, how to deploy and learn how others are being successful
View other blog posts from this series: