Optum Decreases Administrative Tasks By 72%
- Optum is one of the fastest growing divisions of United Healthcare Group. Their Consumer Solutions division offers a health coaching product designed to help people manage lifestyle issues, including weight and stress management and chronic conditions. Coaches provide members with multi-channel personalized guidance and advice.
- Optum was experiencing higher member attrition and had a lower number of calls, with a higher cost per call than their competitors.
- They needed a solution that transformed their service from a legacy telephonic model to a digitally-based model. This shift would decrease the coaches’ administrative time and increase time spent interacting with their members.
- Coaches were using 8+ disparate systems that required inefficient navigation and unnecessary overhead involved with health coaching. Coaches were performing duplicate documentation in different systems.
- Magnet360 built a new, unified coach console “command center” using Salesforce Service Cloud.
- The coach console was integrated with seven other systems to provide a single view of the member.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud was integrated to Service Cloud to automate previously manual interactions and enable coaches to meaningfully engage with members throughout the entire coaching lifecycle.
- Enabled Live Agent functionality so members could chat with a coach through a member portal.
- Integrated to digital website to drive digital program enrollment.
- Built a Health Tracker with the ability to determine where the member is on their health journey, alerting coaches when achievements have been made.
- Performed a data migration of all historical account, contact, program, and schedule data.
- With Magnet360’s solution, Optum is delivering a digital coaching experience that increases member engagement at scale for less cost, and equips their coaches with best in class technology. That means they can spend more time with members to better deliver and measure members’ health outcomes.
- Through automation, the solution eliminated 72% of coaches’ administrative tasks.
- Optum has seen a 20% increase in members they are servicing.
- Profitability has increased by 50%.
- The new solution has attracted new clients and has grown the coaching business by 20%.